In 2006, the Union of Islamic Courts took control of the capital, Mogadishu, along with significant areas of the country. Eventually Ethiopian and Transitional Federal Government forces were able to expel the militants from the capital, but more than 10,000 civilians were killed and approximately one million people displaced in the insurgency. Militant Islamic groups still control the majority of the south and centre of the country.
Sunni Islam is the official religion of Somalia. The Somali Church was driven underground in 1991 when the dictatorial regime of Mohamed Siyad Barre fell in a popular uprising. Most of the several hundred Somali believers went underground or fled, taking refuge abroad. There are possibly about 4,000 Somali Christians in Somalia and twice that in the diaspora. They practice their faith in secret under extremely dangerous conditions.
The murder of Christians and especially converts from Islam to Christianity is increasingly common. At least 10 Christians, including four teachers, were killed for their faith in 2008 and several others kidnapped and raped. A 17-year-old Somali woman who converted to Christianity from Islam was shot to death in November 2010 in an apparent "honour killing.” Muslim militants murdered a 21-year-old Christian man in April 2011 after someone allegedly informed the Islamic militants of his conversion from Islam.
- Pray for encouragement and strength for the Christians remaining in Somalia as well as for those who have been forced to leave their homes.
- Pray for a full and lasting peace in this war-torn country.
- Pray for Somali Christian families to be raised up—the great majority of Christians are men.
- Pray for strength, encouragement and sustenance for Somali converts who struggle greatly when cast out of their family and clan.
Persecution News - SomaliaIslamic extremists behead another believer
(February 16, 2012)
Extremists arrest man whose sons converted to Christianity
(February 02, 2012)
Convert from Islam whipped in public
(January 12, 2012)
Islamic extremists behead 17-year-old Christian
(October 27, 2011)
Christian convert beheaded
(September 22, 2011)
Christians persevere amid severe persecution
(June 09, 2011)
Christian convert from Islam murdered
(April 28, 2011)
- www.persecution.net/somalia.htm - Traduci questa paginaSomalia gained independence in 1960 with the union of British and Italian colonies. Cold War rivalries provided Somalia with ample weapons for disastrous ...
- www.thedailybeast.com/.../how-the-somali-pira... - Traduci questa pagina23 Feb 2011 – From Hollywood producer to Christian missionaries, Scott Adam and his wife lived a dynamic life. Eliza Griswold talks to his preaching ...
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=caO_giASR1Q18 mag 2011 - 2 min - Caricato da MyJHWH
MyJHWH's webcam video 18 maggio 2011 14:23 (PDT) SOMALIA SOMALIA it remained very ...
- somalisforjesus.blogspot.com/.../mansur-moha... - Traduci questa pagina13 Jan 2009 – We posted this graphic video to show the brutality of the Muslim persecution against the Somali church. Give credit to Somalis For Jesus to use ...
- vomcblog.blogspot.com/.../following-christ-in-... - Traduci questa pagina16 May 2012 – Following Christ in Somalia despite great risks. Somalia's Islamist terror group al Shabaab is working to rid the Muslim country of all Christians.
- www.jihadwatch.org/.../somalia-teenage-girl-ji... - Traduci questa pagina4 Apr 2012 – Somalia: Teenage girl jihad-martyrdom bomber murders six, wounds dozens in theatre jihad attack. Misunderstanders of Islam claimed ...
- somalilandpress.com/somaliland-commerates-... - Traduci questa pagina7 Apr 2012 – HARGEISA(SomalilandPress)–Somalilanders from all walks of life participated in ceremonies commemorating the 31st anniversary of the ...
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Colombo - Traduci questa paginaHe was murdered on 9 July 1989 in Mogadishu, Somalia. ... priests · History of Somalia · 20th-century Roman Catholic martyrs · People murdered in Somalia ...
- Segnala immagini non appropriate
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia - Traduci questa paginaSomalia officially the Somali Republic (Somali: Jamhuuriyadda Soomaaliya, Arabic: جمهورية الصومال Jumhūriyyat aṣ-Ṣūmāl) and formerly known as the Somali ...
- topics.nytimes.com/top/.../somalia/index.html - Traduci questa paginaWorld news about Somalia. Breaking news and archival information about its people, politics and economy from The New York Times.
- Somalia, il rapporto Bryden accusa: “Il governo transitorio ruba denaro pubblico”**
articolo21 - 4 ore faA fine giugno, Matt Bryden, il coordinatore canadese del Gruppo di monitoraggio per la Somalia, ha consegnato al Presidente del Consiglio di ...
- Italnews - 3 ore fa
- La Repubblica - 1 giorno fa
- https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world.../geos/so.html5 Jul 2012 – Britain withdrew from British Somaliland in 1960 to allow its protectorate to join with Italian Somaliland and form the new nation of Somalia.
- www.repubblica.it › Esteri5 lug 2012 – Abdiweli Mohamed Ali parla dell'imminente sconfitta dei miliziani islamisti e dell'
adozione della nuova Costituzione, prevista per il mese ...